All national and international applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship. Highly competitive students with an interest in Genomics will be considered. The studentship is a fully funded award covering all possible educational costs.
Wellcome Sanger Institute, affiliated with the University of Cambridge, is a non-profit British genomics and genetics research institute. It addresses scientific questions underpinning health issues of low and middle-income countries.
Why choose to study at the Wellcome Sanger Institute? The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world-leading genomics institute at the forefront of experimental and computational genome research. Sanger is leading global research initiatives with international partners by being at the center of a collaborative network of science.
Application Deadline: 2nd December 2021
- University or Organization: Wellcome Sanger Institute
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full financial support
- Number of Awards: 12
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from the UK and other international countries are eligible.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can undertake any 4 year Ph.D. program at Sanger.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be enrolled in a full-time 4 year Ph.D. program at Sanger.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applications for Ph.D. students at Sanger are accepted via its online application page. Eligible students will automatically be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Provide details of your academic qualifications
- Outline any relevant work experience (max 200 words)
- Choose 3 Faculty members whose research area interests you (see potential supervisors page for information on Faculty members and their research areas)
- Outline your research interests and indicate how these fit with the research interests of the Sanger Institute (max 200 words)
- Write a personal statement on your research experience, research interests, and career goals, explaining why you wish to pursue postgraduate training at the Sanger Institute (max 400 words)
- Provide details of two academic referees (one of these can be the supervisor of an industrial or research placement)
- Upload your University transcript(s) as a PDF file
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are expected to hold, or be about to achieve, a 1st or a good 2:1 class degree or an equivalent overseas education.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL IBT – 100
- CAE – Grade A or B plus a language center assessment.
- CPE – Grade A, B, or C
Wellcome Sanger Institute will provide a fully-funded study of a 4 year PhD programme to the selected 12 candidates in the UK.